If you are a frequent reader of twitter, facebook and many technology sites you read that certain updates are available of your already downloaded app on your Windows 8 or Windows 8 RT devices . However your Store live tile is not showing any notifications of pending updates yet. Don’t worry there is a little trick to this so that you can download the update even before you get your notification.
These steps will explain nicely how you can force updates on installed apps if they are available but before the show up as a notification on the Windows Store or its live tile.
- Go to the Store on your Windows 8 or Windows 8RT device.
- Bring up the charms on the right side of the screen and select the “settings” Icon
- Now select “App updates” on the right side.
- A new scree opens up and now you select “Check for updates”
- The Store will now look for all updates that are available to you for your installed apps and will give you the option to install these updates individually.